Region & Excursions in the Angkor area
Siem Reap is the gateway to the colossal ruins of the Khmer Kingdom. The centrepiece of these ruins, but definitely not the only jewel, is Angkor Wat.
Siem Reap is in fact a cluster of local villages overlaid with a French colonial town centre.
The only real business in town is tourism and this is reflected by the myriad of hotels and travel bureaux stretching into the countryside itself.
The Angkor Archaeological Park is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first thing that travellers must decide is how many days they intend to explore this vast park. The passes cover one, three, or seven days, and allow you entry to every site. Most of the area is very flat so many intrepid travellers choose to ride bicycles. For those with less stamina there is the choice of car, bus, or tuk tuk. Tuk tuk drivers are usually very knowledgeable guides and very friendly to boot.
Planning your day over a cup of coffee in the morning and then being flexible enough to change the itinerary as the day goes by will ensure you have the best time.
VINTAGE CARS - 1931, 1928 & 1927
Embark on a journey into the past with our vintage Citroën cars. Choose from our green 1927 or bordeaux 1928 B14 Torpedo or our 1931 C6 Limousine for your city tours, airport transfers or specialized tours.
MEMORY TOUR IN VINTAGE CITROËN
Visit Siem Reap town (Old Market, Artisan d'Angkor, Psah Leu Market) or Angkor Thom inclusive of an optional hot air balloon ride.
ROMANTIC TOUR IN VINTAGE CITROËN
Visit of the Tonle Sap Lake inclusive of a boat trip around the floating villages. Climb the stairs of the Pnom Krohm hill and enjoy the wonderful view on the rice fields and lake with a glass of Champagne. When you return to the hotel, let us pamper you with our famous Victoria Massage in our VIP room.
- Morning: Visit of Angkor Thom including Bayon, Terrace of Elephants and the Leper King
- Afternoon: Visit of Angkor Wat and Sunset on Phnom Bakheng
- Morning: Visit of Koh Ker Temple
- Afternoon: Visit of Beng Mealea Temple
- Morning: Visit of the Tonle Sap Lake with Boat Excursion and Visit of Wat Athvea Temple.
- Afternoon: Visit of the Roluos Group including Lolei, Preah Ko and Bakong Temples
- Morning: Visit of Kbal Spean the River of Thousand Lingas
- Afternoon: Visit of Banteay Srey the Women Temple
- Morning: Visit of the Artisans d' Angkor" and the Old Market
- Afternoon: Visit of the Silk Farm and Baray Lake
THE CULTURAL DAY
- Morning: Visit of the Cambodian Cultural Village
- Afternoon: Country Side Discovery at Pradak Village
THE ANCIENT STONES DAY
- Morning: Visit of Baksei Chamkrong, Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som and Pre Rup Temples
- Afternoon: Visit of Ta Prohm , Banteay Kdei and Ta Keo Temples
- Morning: Boat trip to cross the northern part of the lake to Prek Toal village for bird watching (Storks, Adjutants, Pelicans, Ibis etc…)
- Afternoon: Visit of the Village (Crocodile farms, Fishing Techniques, Pagoda) and presentation of the Osmose project (Environmental Classes, Floating Gardens, Water Hyacinth Handicraft)
KHMER COOKING CLASS
Take the opportunity to learn the secrets of traditional Khmer dishes, such as amok, green papaya salad or even delicious typical Khmer desserts. You can join our chef and his team at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa for a 4-hour cooking class, including a tour to the local market to buy ingredients. Savor the meal you have prepared with a complimentary glass of Victoria House Wine.
For excursion prices and booking, please contact us.